Sunday, April 09, 2006

Two weeks on...

For anyone who thinks cats are aloof I do recommend Maine Coon Therapy! As I write this (on Sunday morning, still in bed) she has calmed down from her hunting practice, and is now sprawled across my chest, purring loudly, with one paw on my throat! Given her razor-sharp claws I should probably feel vulnerable, but somehow I don't...

We keep her in the kitchen at night - she seems happy there on her pillow with "Ducky". This has meant we can all sleep through the night - and it makes a morning cuddle all the better :-)

She wolfs down her food - a mix of dry and soggy stuff for kittens - and gets bigger by the day. She loves playing at hunting - stalking and pouncing like a manic frog! These moments of intense activity are usually followed by a quieter period of grooming and then a search for a handy lap to sleep upon...

Has it really only been 2 weeks? She has already woven herself into the pattern of our lives :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey !
I see that your cats are getting big and I haven't seen them yet! But they are so cute and look so smooth...congratulations for the pictures of your 2 wonderful cats
love from Cécile